Annapurna base camp trek is an easy to moderate trek that starts and ends at Nayapul which is about one and half hours scenic drive from Pokhara city takes you to the foot [Annapurna Base Camp, 4130m] of the Mt. Annapurna, one of the most magnificent peaks in the world.
Trip Duration: 13 Nights/ 14 days
Per day walking/Hiking: 4- 6 hrs
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m)
Day 02: Kathmandu city sightseeing & trek preparation
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara (25 mins /830 m)/Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul (1010m/2hrs) and trek from Nayapul to Ghandruk (6 hrs / 1940m)
Day 04: Trek from Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2140m / 5 hrs)
Day 05: Trek from Chhomrong to Dovan (2580m / 5 hrs)
Day 06: Trek from Dovan to Deurali (3230m / 5 hrs)
Day 07: Trek from Deurali to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m/3 - 4 hours)
Day 08: Trek from Machhapuchchre Base Camp to Annapurna Base camp (4130m / 2 -3 hrs)
Day 09: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2347m / 6hrs)
Day 10: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda ( 1700m / 6 hrs)
Day 11: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Pothana (1900m / 6 - 7 hrs)
Day 12: Trek from Pothana to Phedi (1320m/3 hrs) and drive from Phedi to Pokhara (830m/1 hr)
Day 13: Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1400m/25min)
Day 14: Departure to your homeland
Cost Include & Excludes
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star hotel in Kathmandu.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star hotel in Pokhara.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara by private tourist vehicle.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance.
- Annapurna trekking permits and Tims permits.
- Bus transportation to Besisahar and return from Pokhara.
- Breakfast in the city and full meals during the trek.
- licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses.
- A porter (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses.
- Insurance of Guide and Porter.
- All required local tax and Gov tax.
- Down jackets and sleeping bags.
- Nepal arrival visa.
- Meals in the city except breakfast and above mentioned special dinner.
- Monument entrance fees.
- Your personal nature expenses eg. Mineral water, Beer, Coke and entire beverage etc.
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation.
- Tips and any other extending trips and accommodation.
Food & accommodation
Food on Treks
In Kathmandu and Pokhara breakfast is included in your own hotel. For lunch and dinner you will find several Western and Nepalese restaurant.
During our annapurna base camp trek, you can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.) you can even enjoy hot chocolates, variety of breads, variety of drinks, and snacks. Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea house or from a lodge menu where we spend the night and lunch will be served on the way to our destination.
Vegetarian foods on annapurna base camp trek
We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara
You will stay 3 or 2 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara but on trek you will stay on Tea houses or lodges.
Accommodations on during the Trek
All accommodations for this trek are on twin sharing basis and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, and location. There are two styles of accommodations during our trip. During the trek tea houses or lodges at some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. If we are a solo traveler, we will share a room with someone else of the same sex of our group. If we prefer a single room, we may indicate our preference and get single rooms upon request by paying a single supplement of USD 250. Note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find a single room at higher elevations.