The Everest base camp trek offers breathtaking mountain panoramas. Everest base camp adventure is a great introductory lodge trek that offer sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people. After exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu
Trip Duration: 15 Nights/ 16 days
Trip Grade: Strenuous
Max. Altitude : 5555 meters
Per day walking/Hiking: 4- 6 hrs
We take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Koshi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Kumbu Sherpas, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to enjoy the area. We then follow the trail to famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a magnificent 360-degree panorama awaits. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location – surely one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world. While passing Buddhist monasteries views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both, Everest base camp and Kalapattar (5555m), a viewpoint recognised as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest which is a premier goal for many adventurous walkers in the Himalaya. After trekking to base camp and Kalapattar we return at our leisurely place back to Namche and Lukla for our return flight to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu & Trekking Preparation
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2804 meters) trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep (5180 meters). 8 hours.
Day 11: Hike up to Kalapattar (5555 meters) early in the morning and trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours.
Day 14: Morning flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 15: Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 16: Transfer for your final flight departure.
Cost Include & Excludes
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private vehicle
- 3 nights twin-sharing accommodation in Kathmandu at tourist standard hotel with breakfast
- Full day guided city tour in a private vehicle
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with traditional, ethnic music and dance
- Airport transfer for domestic flight
- Trekking permit and TIMS permit
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Lodge during the trek (4 nights attached bathroom with hot shower)
- Government licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
- Personal expenses like all kinds of drinks including mineral water, alcoholic and soft beverages
- Monument entrance fees
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
- Tips and any other extending trips and accommodation
Food & accommodation
Food on Treks
In Kathmandu and Pokhara breakfast is included in your own hotel. For lunch and dinner you will find several Western and Nepalese restaurant.
During our everest base camp trek, you can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). you can even enjoy hot chocolates, variety of breads, variety of drinks, and snacks. Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea house or from a lodge menu where we spend the night and lunch will be served on the way to our destination.
Vegetarian foods on everest base camp trek
We always recommend our clients to eat vegetarian meals to avoid the food poisoning, eating heavy meals and non- vegetarian meals at the high altitude is not really safe for the stomach.
Accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara
You will stay 3 or 2 star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara but on trek you will stay on Tea houses or lodges.
Accommodations on during the Trek
All accommodations for this trek are on twin sharing basis and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, and location. There are two styles of accommodations during our trip. During the trek tea houses or lodges at some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. If we are a solo traveler, we will share a room with someone else of the same sex of our group. If we prefer a single room, we may indicate our preference and get single rooms upon request by paying a single supplement of USD 250. Note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find a single room at higher elevations.